52 Frames - a weekly photography challenge

So I've found a new creative challenge! I'm going to try adding the weekly photos I create to this one post so the blog doesn't get all cluttered and confusing!

Here's a link to the website that organises it: 52 Frames
Here's their official facebook page: 52 Frames FB page
And here's a link to the discussions around the challenge: 52 Frames photographers

Each week there is a challenge theme - sometimes a subject, sometimes a technique, and an 'extra credit' theme.
Photos must be taken within a strict 7 day time frame and after a few days, 52 photos are selected to showcase, including the one with most likes.
As a community there is a strong ethos of encouragement and critique, it is a great opportunity for me - and everyone in it - to improve technically and support others.

My most recent photos will be added at the top of the post
Week 39 - Food
Extra challenge: advertisement without words

Week 38 - Blue Hour
Poor weather and not much time this week - I'll re-visit blue hour in another challenge soon








Week 37 - Abstract
Extra Challenge: Smoke
Week 36 - Choose a colour
 Week 35 - Unexplored
Week 34 - Night time





















Week 33 - Poem
Leisure, WH Davis
What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.















Week 32 - My Back yard





















Week 31 - Inspired by a famous photographer
Extra credit: Chosen for you - Neil Leifer

Week 30 - Minimalist




























Week 29 - Light, candlelight


Week 28: Portrait of a stranger
This challenge must be outside of most people's comfort zone.
Here are some of the photos I took, with the one I submitted at the top.







Week 27: Golden hour
Golden hour this week was a write-off - so cloudy and dismal, but I went for a walk near the end of the week and the sun came out. I thought the light on the water was very much like what you would see at dawn or sunset . I took the colour out so people could use their imaginations with the atmosphere.

Week 26: Single focal point

Again, very happy to have been featured in the 52 picks album!
You can find the facebook album here

Week 25: Wabi Sabi
Very happy to have been featured in the 52 picks album this week!
Here's the link to the album on facebook

Week 25: Shadows 

Week 23: Think 
Extra credit: physics

Week 22: Geometric Shapes


Week 21: Edited by Someone Else
Thank you to Tom Flynn for being my editor!
It was really good to have someone else put their stamp on my photo and open me up to new ideas

Week 20: Looking into frame
Extra credit: Panning
I made a spinning contraption to help me pan
Very little editing other than removing the spike that holds up the model.
This was chosen for the 52 picks
The album can be found here (if you have facebook)
Here's my setup for the photo:


Week 19: Paper (Use one piece of A4 paper)
Extra challenge: high key
You tube helped me to make the flower
Everything you can see is paper, including the background
Lighting was threefold: natural light from the window, a lightbox under the paper and a flash.
Week 18: Abandoned Extra challenge: HDR
I took the wrong lens with me.
Note to self: always listen to your inner voice!
My inner voice told me to take a tripod and the kit lens. Both of which would have been very helpful.
However, I got a shot that isn't too bad and I held the camera steady enough to merge three shots for HDR. It's a very subtle HDR - just enough to get all areas exposed how I wanted them.
It was a little scary on location - I wasn't completely certain I would come out alive!




Comments

Popular Posts