Week 43 Monster*

Three images

All I could think of was Nessie and I REALLY didn't want to draw her. I asked facebook land to offer suggestions, which I used for the first two. After that, I was able to make a choice of my own, I dug out a favourite story book from my childhood: 'The Book of Monsters' by Ruth Manning Sanders. 

All three were drawn using a wacom tablet in photoshop. 


Vincent Price as Dracula

An American Werewolf in London
*This was chosen to be in this week's picks!

I loved the illustrations in 'The Book of Monsters', as a child but on reflection, not all of them match the descriptions of the monsters in the story itself. So, my last entry is Monster Horista from 'Pentalina'. This monster has the head of a wolf, the body of a gorilla, a long tail, boots and sharp claws. 
In my illustration he is lifting a pregnant woman from a swamp in return for her unborn child, of course he is, he's a monster in a traditional tale!













Comments

Popular Posts