Week 31 Shakespeare*

2 images

Wherever do you start with Shakespeare? There are so many possibilities!
My first thought was to reproduce a scene from Midsummer Night's Dream I liked in a children's anthology, but I saw exactly that image done by someone else and couldn't bring myself to do it too.

Necessity is the mother of invention and I ended up doing two. The first are Malvolio's ridiculous cross gartered stockings rendered in watercolour on A3 paper. I was really happy with how this turned out, but it was my second one that got the best feedback from the group - and again was in the weekly picks!








Here are my doodle characters as Macbeth's enemies pretending to be Birnam Woods. A copy of this is winging its way to Australia - someone liked it so much she wanted to own it! So exciting for me!
*and my little doodles were picked on the challenge blog!!

Comments

Popular Posts