Week 20 Melancholy*

Two images

Brace yourselves - it's very sad looking week!

I always intended to do a portrait for this challenge.  I didn't think it would be a self portrait, but as luck would have it I had a little bit of bad news this week and it was enough to enable me to pose for a selfie and then paint it. 

For my first picture this week I started with one of my little round doodle people hiding under a table with a teddy. I used oil pastels -  I have no idea how most people use these, but I am learning they don't layer well and certainly don't cope with lighter colours on top of darker ones.

Oh yes - this week I mostly had trouble with noses.

Up date: my self portrait was chosen to be in this weeks picks. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it was included. See the whole list:
Melancholy Picks on 52 week illustration blog



Comments

Popular Posts